Kids | Youth | Studies | Social Justice | Outreach | Music & Art | Care | Senior Adult
- This event has passed.
AARP Smart Driver Class
March 11 @ 8:45 am - 1:00 pm
The AARP Smart Driver course will help you refresh your driving skills, and will help you save on your auto insurance! Members can take the course at a discounted rate, in a classroom or online.
Cars have changed. So have traffic rules, driving conditions, and the roads you travel every day. Even the most experienced drivers can benefit from brushing up on their driving skills.
The AARP Smart Driver Course, offered by AARP Driver Safety, is the nation’s largest driver safety course and is designed especially for drivers age 50 and older. By taking the AARP Smart Driver Course you’ll learn the current rules of the road, defensive driving techniques, and how to operate your vehicle more safely in today’s increasingly challenging driving environment. In addition, you’ll learn:
• How to minimize the effects of dangerous blind spots.
• How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car.
• The safest ways to change lanes and make turns at busy intersections.
• Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and new technology found in cars.
• Ways to monitor your own and others’ driving skills and capabilities.
• The effects of medications on driving.
• The importance of eliminating distractions, such as eating, smoking, and using a cell phone.
Email email@example.com to register!